Clear aligners are a popular orthodontic treatment option that can help straighten your teeth and improve your smile. One of the most common questions people have about clear aligner treatment is how long it takes. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the factors that can affect the length of clear aligner treatment and give you an idea of what to expect.
Factors that can affect clear aligner treatment time
The length of clear aligner treatment can vary depending on several factors, including:
- The severity of your orthodontic issues: If you have more severe orthodontic issues, such as a significant overbite or crowding, it may take longer to correct them with clear aligners.
- Compliance with treatment: To achieve the best results with clear aligners, you need to wear them for the recommended amount of time each day. If you don't wear them as directed, your treatment may take longer than anticipated.
- The number of trays in your treatment plan: The length of your treatment will depend on the number of trays in your treatment plan. The more trays you have, the longer your treatment will likely take.
- Your orthodontist's experience: The experience and expertise of your orthodontist can also play a role in the length of your clear aligner treatment. An experienced orthodontist may be able to create a treatment plan that achieves your desired results more efficiently.
How long does clear aligner treatment take?
On average, in-office clear aligner treatment takes between 12 and 18 months. However, the actual length of your treatment will depend on the factors listed above. Strayt clear aligner treatments average 6 months. There are two main reasons why our treatment times are treatment takes significantly less time than typical in-office treatments:
- Strayt is designed for correction of mild-to-moderate misalignment. More complex orthodontic needs may require additional treatment techniques that can only be delivered in an office setting.
- Our StraytVIBES alignment accelerator device (included free with treatment) uses high frequency vibration to stimulate faster and more comfortable tooth movement.
To get a more accurate idea of how long your clear aligner treatment will take, you'll need to speak to your orthodontist. They can evaluate your specific orthodontic issues and create a treatment plan that outlines the length of your treatment.
It's important to note that compliance with treatment is critical to achieving the best results in the shortest amount of time. You'll need to wear your aligners for the recommended amount of time each day and follow your orthodontist's instructions carefully to ensure that your treatment is effective.
Clear aligner treatment can take anywhere from 3-4 months for mild cases to two years or more for more complex cases that are best treated in an office setting. To get an accurate idea of how long your treatment will take, begin the process and let Strayt design a no cost, no obligation treatment plan for you. By following your orthodontist's instructions and wearing your aligners as directed, you can achieve the best results in the shortest amount of time possible.